Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend!

What a wonderful weekend we had, we had wonderful food, weather, and fun. This weekend really made me realize how thankful I am for my family and for the opportunity I have to be a mom to my wonderful boys. Also for my wonderful husband. I love all my family and am so thankful for each of them. This year we went to my parents for Thanksgiving. I don't know if I really remember a Thanksgiving when the kids could play outside with just a jacket. They all had so much fun, and I know the adults liked the quiet inside the house for some time. It was wonderful. Thanks mom and dad for a wonderful holiday. Jaxon loved to be outside he cried when we had to go in, I love this picture.
This picture cracks me up because it shows how hard both of them were trying to make a basket. Tyler played in the dirt forever, he even stayed out there when the rest of the boys left. We couldn't get him to leave.
Of course we took the opportunity to put up our Christmas tree. We let Tyler stay up a little bit later than Jaxon. He was so excited the whole time we were putting up the lights, he just kept talking and talking, and running and having so much fun. We loved that he was so excited for it.
As you can see Tyler decorated the bottom part of the tree, he was so proud of his work.

3 comments:

Jana said...

It was a great Thanksgiving and actually pretty peaceful other than the madness shopping the next day of course!!! :) Good sport!! I seriously think Jaxon could entertain people for a very long time just watching him run around and stuff, it just cracks me up!! Love those boys, so cute and such fun personalities!!! :)

Stephanie said...

We, too, decorated our tree this weekend. It reminded me of when I was a kid. I had a few favorite decorations that I hung in special places so I could look at them. I was a little hurt/offended when I realized that my mom would rearrange the ornaments after we were done. I guess she wanted the whole tree decorated, not just the bottom - go figure.

Tara said...

What cute kids!! I love the tree. Can't beat the bottom half decor. The only problem here is that the dog can reach that part! Luckily it has only taken one scolding and kennel "time-out" and she's left it alone since. Too bad I can't do that with my kids sometimes! ha ha