Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Angel Moroni

Today we had a wonderful, and unique experience to go up to Brigham City to see them put the Angel Moroni on the temple! To see the temple go up where I grew up is just amazing! I was so thankful to be there with my family (minus Jason, Heidi, and James). What a blessing it is to be so close to this beautiful temple and all the other temples we have so close! We started out our day meeting at 11 to a light rain, nothing we were to concerned about! By the time we got to the temple about 15 minutes later it was pouring. It didn't dampen our spirits though! The rain stopped about noon, but then the wind started picking up. We didn't know if we would get to see it go up today. They kept taking the crane with men up to check the wind levels, then they would come back down! By 1 they had un hooked the statue, so we headed back to the high school, where my dad works, for bathroom breaks and something to eat. We still didn't know if they would put it up. My brother stayed there and called us around 2, we moved as fast a we could but by the time we got up there the statue was over the steeple. We may have not been able to see them move it up there in person, but we were still there to see it up there! I asked my 4 year old what his favorite part of the day was and he told me, "that is was seeing the Angel Moroni" I hope one day that my boys really understand and remember this experience!

One of the workers came over by the fence and took our camera inside and took this great picture for me!
Some of us waiting in the rain!


Brycen staying somewhat dry!


This was a teaser, they lifted if about this high for awhile, while they tested the wind. Then set it down!


The boys thought this was sure fun, us moms didn't love the fact that they were playing in a really dirty puddle. But it kept them company so what can you do!


Attaching the rod to the spire and getting it ready to the set on! This process ended up taking quite a bit of time and the boys were done so we headed back!! I will forever remember this experience, that I will probably never see again!

1 comment:

GayleV said...

Wow!! Cool experience! By accident, we saw them putting the Angel Moroni on the Provo Temple a few years ago. Super cool!