Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

This last weekend was a lot of driving but we sure had a lot of fun. It all started on Saturday with a trip to Hyrum to go on my dad's boat and go water skiing and what not. I had to wake the kids up to go, but they didn't mind. Thankfully my mom decided she wanted to stay home so I left Jaxon with her. Tyler was so excited that he got to go with me without Jaxon around. When we go up there my dad decided that he wanted to stay on the beach with Tyler, Adam, Blake, and Spencer. The rest of us went out on the boat to ski, which was wonderful because I haven't skied for a couple of years it had just never worked out. It was so fun! Later that night we went to Blake's 3rd birthday party. We were at my parents and set up the pool for the boys and the volleyball net for the adults. It is always great having fun with family!

Sunday we had to hop in the car again and head up to Willard because Jason's nephew got ordained a deacon. Before we went in I told Tyler if he was really good and quiet that I would give him a special treat. He definitely listened and wanted that treat because he wouldn't talk to anybody. It was the craziest thing because Tyler usually is always talking. He made us so proud of him.

Monday yet one more trip in the car, this time to North Logan to my Grandma and Grandpa Redd's house. They invited us all up there for a brunch, which was so yummy! We just had a lot of fun watching the kids play and enjoying one anothers company. Jaxon was soooo tired he feel asleep within 1 to 2 minutes after we started driving. Minus all the driving we had a really fun and relaxing weekend with family.

Tyler had so much fun driving the boat.

No, he never drove it on his own, he sure wanted to though. This is Tyler and my dad.

I just thought this picture was cute of Jaxon walking in the grass. You can't even see his feet.

Jaxon was so proud of himself because he got in this table all by himself.

This picture was taken right after the first one. This is the face he makes when we say "cheese."

4 comments:

Tara said...

Cute photos! Your boys are so cute! I love that we can keep in touch and watch your kids get bigger!

Amy said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!! Can't believe that summer is almost over!

Jess said...

I love being on a boat! How fun for you guys.

I love all of the pictures. Very cute.

Laurel C. said...

Your boys are the luckiest kids to have such great childhood memories of their family and days at the lake. Uncle Darrell is so nice to let the kids drive the boat! He let Ethan and Kurt (Scott & Traci's boy) drive the boat at the reunion too. Ethan talked about that for days! I'll bet your boys love it too and will have great memories of driving the boat with their grandpa!