Monday, October 20, 2008

Roses!

Many of you may know how much I hate to garden, but I have been very unlucky with the houses I have moved into because both of the prior occupants loved to garden. Which means I was in a lot of trouble! The house I live in now the former owner decided to plant 24 roses bushes in the back yard. I love how they look but I can't stand the up keep and I don't want my kids to play around them because they are really pointy and scratchy. Today I decided that we were going to dig them all out. I called some family to come and help, thank goodness they were so willing I know we couldn't have done it without them. Thanks to all those that helped. I have know idea who in their right mind would want that many roses bushes in their yard. If you are thinking about getting rose bushes don't get very many. Mine would grow so tall and they were all jammed in there so close together. They are gone and I couldn 't be happier!


These 2 pictures are of the back of my fence.

I know they are sure pretty but I will love not having to take care of them!

This is the after shot. YAY!!

1 comment:

MandaJ said...

Way to go! That must've been a ton of work.